You probably think you know how to brush your teeth correctly. After all, how hard could it be? Glob some toothpaste on the brush, move it around a few times in your mouth, and you’re done. You’ve been doing it since you were a little kid.
Well, brushing your teeth isn’t hard, but that doesn’t mean you’re doing it in a way that promotes optimum oral health. Let Dr. Burris and his son William show you how it’s done.
Some key tips:
- Brush two to three times a day
- Keep the brush half on the teeth and half along the gum line
- Massage the gums all the way around the mouth
- Work around in the backsides of teeth, too
- Move the tongue out of the way to get between the tongue and the back of the teeth